Sequestrum: New Writer Award
Deadline: October 15, 2016
In addition to accepting general submissions of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, Sequestrum is now reading submissions for our second annual New Writer Awards.
- Open to fiction, nonfiction, and poetry submissions from writers yet to publish a book-length manuscript
- Two $200 first-place cash prizes (one fiction/nonfiction, one poetry), plus publication
- Minimum one runner-up prize per genre, including publication and cash prize
- Finalists listed on the site
- Tentative close date of October 15 (see site for details)
- $15 Entry Fee
- Length and subject are open
- Manuscripts reviewed on a rolling basis
- Multiple submissions allowed
- No identifying information should be on your manuscript
- For complete guidelines, visit http://www.sequestrum.org/contests
General Submission guidelines are here: http://www.sequestrum.org/submissions
We average 1,500+ readers a month, offer pay-what-you-can subscription options, are a paying market, and pair all publications with stunning visual arts created by outside artists or otherwise secured by our staff. Our contributors range from award-winning novelists and poets including Pulitzer Prize finalists and Guggenheim and NEA Fellows (with other works featured in publications including The New Yorker, The Atlantic, The American Scholar, The Kenyon Review, many other university periodicals, and Best American Anthologies) to emerging voices and first-time writers.
We're proud of our little plot on the literary landscape and the writers and artists we share it with. Come see why.