Two Sylvias Press: Online Poetry Retreats, Book Prizes, The Poet Tarot, and More!
Created with the belief that great writing is good for the world, Two Sylvias Press mixes modern technology, classic style, and literary intellect with an eco-friendly heart. We draw our inspiration from the poetic literary talent of Sylvia Plath and the editorial business sense of Sylvia Beach. Located in the Seattle area, Two Sylvias is an independent press, which has published authors such as Adrian Blevins, Cecilia Woloch, Claudia Castro Luna (Washington State's Poetry Laureate), Kate Carroll deGutes, Sayantani Dasgupta, as well as products such as the bestselling The Daily Poet, PR for Poets, Fire on Her Tongue: An Anthology of Contemporary Women's Poetry and the nationally recognized, Poet Tarot, featured in O, The Oprah Magazine.
Each year, Two Sylvias Press finds ways to keep our poets, readers, and writers inspired—through an Online Poetry Prompt Advent Calendar in December to NaPoWriMo prompts emailed directly to your inbox in April to a deep-dive into writing poems all summer long with our Online Poetry Writing Retreats.
Below our some of our favorite items and opportunities for creative people in the world:
- The Poet Tarot & Guidebook: Created for when you need a little inspiration or creative guidance.
- The Daily Poet: Day-By-Day Prompts for your Writing Practice by Kelli Russell Agodon & Martha Silano
- PR for Poets: A Guidebook to Publicity and Marketing by Jeannine Hall Gailey
- The Wilder Poetry Book Prize: for Women Poets over 50
- Two Sylvias Press Chapbook Prize: Open to all poets Feb-May
- The Online Poetry Prompt Advent Calendar (December)
- Online Poetry Writing Retreats: (July, August, October): A 4-week online retreat where all you need is email access to write new poems throughout the summer.
To learn more about Two Sylvias Press and upcoming publishing opportunities, follow us at: