Eyelands Book Awards
Deadline extended to October 30, 2022
Grand Prize for Published Books
A five-day holiday in Athens plus a special handmade ceramic designed especially for Eyelands Book Awards and publication (excerpts) online on our website. Eyelands will cover all accommodation costs for the prizewinner (but not airfare).
Alternative prize (in case of travel restrictions): online ceremony & translation of the prizewinner's book into Greek
Grand Prize for Unpublished Books
Translation into Greek and publication by Strange Days Books
Ten more prizes, one for each category of every section, also win a special handmade ceramic designed especially for EBA. Certification document for every prize.
Submit books and manuscripts of poetry, novellas, short story collections, novels, children's books, historical fiction/memoirs, and graphic novels.
- Entry fee: $30 (27 euros)
- Free submission for every winner of previous Eyelands Book Awards.
- Discounted submission (20 euros) for the finalists of previous contests.
- Discounted submission (20 euros) for every entry after the first.
- Discounted submission (20 euros) for every submission made through a publishing house or a university/college/authors club.
Finalists for every category will be announced on November 20 with the winners announced on December 30.
Judges: P.H.C. Marchesi (children's books/graphic novels), Alicia Hokanson (poetry), Andriana Minou (short stories), Djanco Wylie (novels), and Gregory Papadoyiannis (historical fiction/memoir).