Two Sylvias Press Offers A Supportive and Inspiring 4-Week Online Poetry Retreat Created by Poets for Poets
A Writing Retreat to Help You Write New Poems This Summer!
WHAT YOU NEED: Access to email and a desire to write new poems.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Daily poem prompts and writing exercises written specifically for the retreat.
- A print copy of a Two Sylvias Press poetry publication (we will send you a list of choices).
- Example poems, creativity suggestions, and reflection questions to spark ideas—emailed to you throughout the week (Monday-Friday). Saturday and Sunday are for focused writing and revision.
AND—at the end of the retreat, an award-winning poet will critique one of your poems and offer ideas on where to submit them! (Summer participants choose critiques from Maggie Smith, Traci Brimhall, January Gill O'Neil, Jennifer K. Sweeney, and Jennifer Jean! Or if you choose the October retreat, receive critiques from the editors of Two Sylvias Press!)
- Space is limited (and already filling fast!)
- All levels of poets are welcome (from beginning writer to published author)
- Register now for the July, August, or October Retreats
Praise for Two Sylvias Press Online Poetry Retreat
"I decided to take the Two Sylvias Press Online Poetry Retreat as a way to reignite my passion for writing poetry and reconnect with my 'poet's mind' after not writing poetry for several years. The format was perfect for me—it enabled me to work alone and at my own pace while still feeling connected through daily prompts and encouragement. The result: I wrote more poems in that four-week period than I had written in as many years and new poems are still coming. The feedback I received was insightful and improved the poems while still showing respect for the essence of the work."
—Cathy J. (read other testimonials here)