Two Sylvias Press Offers A Supportive and Inspiring 4-Week Online Poetry Retreat Created by Poets for Poets
This Year's GUEST POETS:
- Diane Seuss (winner of this year's Pulitzer Prize in Poetry for frank: sonnets)
- Traci Brimhall (NEA fellow & author of four poetry collections)
- January Gill O'Neil (award-winning poet and professor)
- Jennifer K. Sweeney (winner of the James Laughlin Award from the Academy of American Poets)
Note: Space is limited, so sign up early to make sure you receive your first choice of guest poet to respond to your poem.
WHAT YOU NEED: Access to email and a desire to write new poems.
WHAT WE PROVIDE: Poem prompts, sample poems, a Two Sylvias Press book, ideas where to send your poems after the retreat ends as well as reflection questions/activities to guide and inspire. All prompts, writing exercises, and inspiration sent daily or weekly to your email (your choice!)
AND—at the end of the retreat, an award-winning poet will critique one of your poems and offer ideas on where to submit them! (Summer participants choose critiques from Diane Seuss, Traci Brimhall, January Gill O'Neil, or Jennifer K. Sweeney! Or if you choose the October retreat, receive critiques from the editors of Two Sylvias Press!)
- Space is limited (July 2022 has filled)
- All levels of poets are welcome (from beginning writer to published author)
- Register now for the August or October 2022 Retreats
Praise for Two Sylvias Press Online Poetry Retreat
"I decided to take the Two Sylvias Press Online Poetry Retreat as a way to reignite my passion for writing poetry and reconnect with my 'poet's mind' after not writing poetry for several years. The format was perfect for me—it enabled me to work alone and at my own pace while still feeling connected through daily prompts and encouragement. The result: I wrote more poems in that four-week period than I had written in as many years and new poems are still coming. The feedback I received was insightful and improved the poems while still showing respect for the essence of the work."
—Cathy Jacob (read other testimonials here)